Search This Blog

Sunday, June 19, 2011

choc-mint cheesecake!

Sorry it's been so long since I posted! I was robbed just over a week ago now of all my technology, and I have only just replaced my laptop.
I come bearing choc-mint cheesecake goodness!!!

Yes, I realise that is not actually mint on the top of the cheesecake. But I figured for photo purposes there had to be some green in the picture!

You will need:

Crust:
20ish Digestive biscuits, crushed
1/2 cup dairy-free margarine, melted. I used nutellex.
3 tablespoons cocoa powder
4 tablespoons of raw sugar

Method:
Combine all of the above ingredients until mixed well
Tightly pack crumb mixture into either a spring form pan (just on the bottom) or in a tart casing
Place into fridge while you make the cheesecake mixture

Cheesecake:
1 tub of tofutti cream cheese
150g of firm tofu
5 heaped tablespoons of stevia sweetner powder (or sugar of choice)
3 heaped tablespoons of corn flour
1/3 cup of soy milk
1 tablespoon of canola oil

** for choc mint you can do a few things, you can use a few tablespoons of a mint liquor or mint extract (for these options you will also need to add about a tablespoon of cocoa to the mix) or get your hands on a few vegan chocolate mints and put these with the cheesecake mixture. Or you can forget the whole mint thing and go for a really chocolatey cheesecake!

Method:
Blend until smooth - it's that easy.

Place blended mixture onto biscuit base and bake in 180c oven for about 45 minutes or until the outside is cooked and the center is still a bit wobbly.

Place in fridge for about 4 hours before cutting and eating.


For the topping on mine I have also added some dark and white chocolate shavings.
To get the larger shavings you need to scrape a knive along a block of chocolate towards yourself.


Enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment