Search This Blog

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Creamy pumpkin soup

So I've been a little sick with a cold as of late, and my throat was pretty sore so I didn't want to eat anything too harsh... so I made pumpkin soup, it's so easy I don't know why I don't make it more often!

This recipe feeds two people, if you have more mouths to feed - adjust amounts accordingly.

You will need:

1 1/2 cup of pumpkin (I used butternut), cut into chunks
1 cup of sweet potato, cut into chunks (leave skin on)
1 cup of carrot, cut into chunks (leave skin on)
1 large onion
4 tablespoons of garlic
2 litres of water
3 tablespoons of massels vegetable stock
1 tablespoon of massels chicken stock (or an extra of vegetable)
2 tablespoons of mixed herbs
salt and pepper to taste
tin of coconut cream

1. Dice onion and sweat in a pot with garlic
2. Add water and stock powder and herbs
3. Place pumpkin, sweet potato and carrot in pot and place lid on top(water should just cover vegetables) - let cook for about 20 -30 minutes stirring occasionally, if vegetables are not falling apart yet, let it cook for longer.
4. Use a stick mixer to blend soup into a nice thick consistenty - blend half the coconut cream into this.
5. Serve up, add coconut cream to the center and gently mix around to create the pictured effect, add salt and pepper to taste.
6. Serve with crusty bread, or whatever you like really, I just used some multi grain toast.


Enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment