Search This Blog

Monday, April 25, 2011

Lemon and herb vege burgers


For this one I'm just going to post the recipe for the patty, the rest is pretty straight forward ;)
Recipe makes 4 decent sized pattys (1 potato per patty roughly)

You will need:
4 medium sized potatoes, boiled, drained and roughly mashed (I mash my potatoes with 3 tablespoons of soy milk and a tablespoon of nutellex butter, but this is optional)
1 cup of mixed vegetables, I used a frozen mix of diced carrot alongside peas and corn
3 tablespoons of lemon juice, either freshly squeezed or packaged
2 tablespoons of herbs, I used lemon thyme to accentuate flavours, but you could always use coriander or even just a mixed herbs.
1/2 cup of breadcrumbs
1/4 - 1/2 cup of cornflour.
2 tablespoons of salt
2 tablespoons of pepper
1 teaspoon of wasabi (optional, I like the tang it gives the patty)

Combine the above ingredients in a bowl until mixture sticks together well. Form into pattys (you can coat in breadcrumbs if you wish, but I didn't), I made 4 out of the mix and then fry in a hot pan with some oil until browned on both sides - patty is soft and goes great in a burger bun with some salad.

You can always customize the recipe by removing the lemon juice and herbs, and adding your own flavours, for example, you could always add a curry mix or something similar, experiment!

No comments:

Post a Comment