Search This Blog

Friday, April 15, 2011

Thai peanut pizza

So I saw this on A Profound Hatred Of Meat yesterday and just HAD to have it for dinner!


(this is my picture, not as presentable as the other blog)

It turned out absolutely amazing! I was keen for left overs... but Mr. Monster ate all of them :'(

I'm  not going to bother re-posting the recipe as you can check that out on the other blog, but I will post my thick - base recipe.




You will Need:

1 1/2 cups of plain flour
1 1/2 tablespoons of active yeast
3/4 cup of warm water
1 tablespoon of brown sugar
2 tablespoons of oil
1 tablespoon of salt
(lime flavoured toasted sesame mix) - I only used it for this particular recipe, but it would have been amazing without it)

1. Mix warm water with yeast and sugar and let sit until fully dissolved and foaming slightly (5-10 minutes), then add oil to mixture
2. Mix remaining dry ingredients together, form a well in the center and add wet ingredients, using a wooden spoon/spatula mix until combined, and then kneed with your hands to form a dough, it should be slightly sticky - add more flour if needed
2. set aside in a large oiled bowl covered in glad wrap of a damp warm cloth until doubled in size (takes about an hour or two depending on the temperature outside)

Once this has happened, punch the dough to let the air escape, then knead, and roll into a ball, roll out to the size of the pizza you wish to cook, either with a rolling pin or your hands. if you want a thicker crust, form the edges to be slightly higher than where your toppings are going, it will rise in the oven.

I found my base cooked better if I placed it in a thick slightly oiled frying pan in the oven, that way nothing was still soggy and it had a nice crunchy outer coating, but you don't need to do this. (I made it to the size of my frying pan)

My pizza took about 20 minutes to cook.

No comments:

Post a Comment